Hugh Pritchard, (1820–1907), born Llanyre, Radnorshire. Builder, House Surveyor, Landowner of 27 Cardiff Street, Aberdare. Attributed with enlarging the former market house/public offices in High Street which became the Town Hall. Executed the Board of Health milestone/gas pillar which stood in Commercial Place for the Aberdare Board of Health. This now stands outside the Central Library. Pritchard retired to Ystradgynlais, Brecs.