The Kenshole family
Emmanuel Kenshole of Weatherall House, Weatherall Street was a native of Devon. He took up residence in Aberdare circa 1848 and became deputy high bailiff for the Aberdare and Mountain Ash districts. Died 1914. His five sons and three daughters, all born in Aberdare, were as follows: Charles and William Kenshole (both solicitors), of Park Lane and at Tanglewood, Llwydcoed respectively; George Kenshole (architect, Hengoed); James Kenshole, Merthyr and Harry Kenshole, Bridgend. His daughters were Mrs T Thomas, Aberdare, Mrs. Wainwright, London and Mrs. Bedoe, Hereford. (Aberdare Leader 20 June 1914). Of these Charles Kenshole was the most prominent; he was solicitor to the South Wales and Monmouthshire Coal Owners Association and Registrar of the Merthyr Tydfil County Court, as well as having his own practice in Aberdare. He served as High Constable of Miskin Higher from 1915 to 1918, and was a generous benefactor to the town particularly the district hospital to which he donated £100 to the building fund and provided a childrens’ ward and various equipment. George Kenshole designed, amongst other buildings, Haggar’s Kosy Kinema in Market Street. (1915).